|Sycamore Canyon - Poway/Santee Trailhead - Wednesday, November 26, 2014|
|Sycamore Canyon - Poway/Santee - San Diego County|
From the South
1) Take MISSION GORGE RD to CARLTON HILLS BLVD. NORTH on CARLTON HILLS to LAKE CANYON. LEFT on LAKE CANYON. RIGHT (north) on SETTLE to the last block, then LEFT (west) to STRATHMORE. RIGHT on STRATHMORE to BIRCHCREST. LEFT on BIRCHCREST to the dead end. This is a quiet residential neighborhood..SHHH! At the west end of Birchcrest is a locked gate. (the hole is at the left end of the fence. The developer says keep out, but mountain bikers are usually not bothered by the owner or the sheriff. Motorcycles or 4X4's will be asked to leave. Go north for apprx 5 miles to Poway. Trail signs are at each intersection. At Poway Trailhead, try going east to Martha's Grove for great downhill singletrack action!! Martha's trail leads back south in a loop to the main trail. TAKE WATER! + please respect the quiet neighborhood at the south end so the hole in the fence stays open. I double checked it 6/1/97. The trail's still open and a good ride for any skill level. Thomas Guide page 1231 A3
2) Take 52 to Mast Bl. in Santee and turn left. You will see a school on the right and hills on the left. The trail is on the left just before the first house, and just after the school parking. The trail begins just behind a white barricade Thomas Guide page 1231 A5
From the North. Exit Poway Rd. off the I 15 Frwy. Take Poway Road East to Garden Road. Follow Garden hang a right on Sycamore Canyon Rd. Follow this road to the end. (Turns into a dirt road for the last mile or so). The Gibbens Ranch gates opens at 8:00am. Thomas Guide page 1191 C7
GPS: Latitude: Longitude: Elevation:
|Click on one of the tabs above or icons below to get all the details about this trailhead.|
Trailhead Updates, Conditions & Notes
- Here you will find out all about this trailhead. trail conditions, trail updates, trail messageboard.
Trailhead Routes & Trails
- Here we list direction of the local trails and routes you will find at this trailhead. If you don't see your route listed, select this then click add a trail and give us all the details.
All the Dirt Stories
- Have a story about this trail, click here and give us all the details. Tell us all about it and even add your photos, we make it easy. Add pics to the Trail Photo Album, then use them in your story.
Trailhead Photo Album
- Here is a Photo Album for this Trailhead. If you have pictures of this trail, click here to add as many as you want.
- Click here to return to the Trailhead Listing.