|Rinconada Trail - Santa Margarita Trailhead - Tuesday, December 10, 2013|
|Rinconada Trail - Santa Margarita - San Luis Obispo County|
Eixt the 101 at Santa Margarita (1st exit north of Cuesta Grade) AKA Hwy 58/ El Camino Real. Drive through town and go Right on Pozo Rd (you'll go over some train tracks). Continue on Pozo Rd for about 10 miles. You'll see the turn off for Lake Santa Margarita going to your left, bare right and stay on Pozo Road. After another 4 miles or so you'll see a sign for the Rinconada Trail head parking, which will be on your right. Park in the dirt lot, pack up your gear and get on your bike. Ride up the trail for about 2 miles (this is the steepest section of the trail). At the top of the climb you reach a Y. Go to the left (You can go right also but it's just a steep drop, not as much fun) In a mile or so you'll intersect Hi Mountain Lookout fire road. Go right and continue climbing. This beautiful, peaceful, fire road climbs gently (middle chain ring) for about 6 miles. Then you reach a Y with a gate on the right. The left leg of the Y drops down steeply for about 2 miles and ends up at a campground. The right side of the Y climbs another mile or so to Hi Mountain Lookout. Go to the Right and climb up to Hi Mountain lookout. From this vantage point you can see all SLO county. including Lake Lopez, Santa Margrita Lake, Madona mt, Pismo, Morro Beach, Avila beach etc. An Awsome view and, if your patient, you can see condor gliding by, as this is on their flight path. Go back the same way you came.
GPS: Latitude: Longitude: Elevation:2500
|Click on one of the tabs above or icons below to get all the details about this trailhead.|
Trailhead Updates, Conditions & Notes
- Here you will find out all about this trailhead. trail conditions, trail updates, trail messageboard.
Trailhead Routes & Trails
- Here we list direction of the local trails and routes you will find at this trailhead. If you don't see your route listed, select this then click add a trail and give us all the details.
All the Dirt Stories
- Have a story about this trail, click here and give us all the details. Tell us all about it and even add your photos, we make it easy. Add pics to the Trail Photo Album, then use them in your story.
Trailhead Photo Album
- Here is a Photo Album for this Trailhead. If you have pictures of this trail, click here to add as many as you want.
- Click here to return to the Trailhead Listing.