|Crafton Hills/Zanja Peak - Yucaipa Trailhead - Wednesday, June 19, 2013|
|Crafton Hills/Zanja Peak - Yucaipa - San Bernardino County|
From the L.A., Riverside, and Orange County areas, take the 10 East and exit Yucaipa Blvd. Go North (left) on Yucaipa Blvd for app. 2 miles to 14th/Sand Canyon St. Turn left and go up the road. Turn right into Crafton Hills College and follow the road around until you see the tennis courts. Park. There is a service road that runs along side the tennis courts, through the golf course, and heads up towards the giant satellite dish atop the mountain. Follow this road up, and you will see the fire road. This fire road travels through the entire Crafton Hills area. The trail is approximately 6 miles long from end to end. There are so many various routes that can be taken, that it is too difficult to enter them all here on this site. Riding along the fire road itself is an excellant beginner ride. Very scenic, very easy. The highest point that you will see is Zanja Peak. There are several roads leading up to it. Many are definite "hike-a-bikes". However, around the back there is a ridable one. Not only will this lead you to the peak, but just below the summit you will see a single track section that seems to just keep going forever. This is an excellant single track. It has some excellant technical sections. Taking the single track route all the way down will lead you into Yucaipa Regional Park. I absolutely love riding in the Crafton Hills area as I can ride leisurely, or if I want I can challenge myself on the many technicals and steeps. If you would like more information, Please feel free to e-mail me and I will give you any info you desire. Have fun, ride safe, and I'll see you on the Single-track. Sean Stodelle- SStody@webtv.net Thomas Guide page 649 C2
|Click on one of the tabs above or icons below to get all the details about this trailhead.|
Trailhead Updates, Conditions & Notes
- Here you will find out all about this trailhead. trail conditions, trail updates, trail messageboard.
Trailhead Routes & Trails
- Here we list direction of the local trails and routes you will find at this trailhead. If you don't see your route listed, select this then click add a trail and give us all the details.
All the Dirt Stories
- Have a story about this trail, click here and give us all the details. Tell us all about it and even add your photos, we make it easy. Add pics to the Trail Photo Album, then use them in your story.
Trailhead Photo Album
- Here is a Photo Album for this Trailhead. If you have pictures of this trail, click here to add as many as you want.
- Click here to return to the Trailhead Listing.