|CALAVERA LAKE - CARLSBAD Trailhead - Friday, December 13, 2013|
|CALAVERA LAKE - CARLSBAD - San Diego County|
East bound on hwy-78 from I-5 about 5-6 mi. get off on College blvd. sonth (turn right) go straight about 1 mi. to end of blvd. and park. at dead end. What ever you do do not turn left stay in the right lane . There is a litte bit for all levals there. There are single tracks, dirt roads long down hills killer heart pounding hill climbs and once you get to the top of the "dome" it's a beautiful panaramic view of the ocean and mountins. Great sunset. Excelent bass fishing in the lake to. My favorite trail is a downhill wich my son and I dubbed the roller coaster it's about a half mile long and you can get up to 35+ mph. And if you go farther south from the lake about 6 mi. there is a real nice stream and waterfall to cool off in but if you are a beginner don't atemp to go there . HAPPY GRINDING!!!! Another way to get to this trail is to take the Carlsbad Village Drive exit off of I5 and head east until it ends. Turn right for about 100 yards (opposite park). Park here and enter through the hole in fence or ride north past where Carlsbad Village Dr. ended and you can access the trails from there.
Paul Kratka a 41 year old Weekend Warrior riding a Nishiki Colorado from Leucadia E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 12/7/97
Thomas Guide page 1107 B3
GPS: Latitude: Longitude: Elevation:
|Click on one of the tabs above or icons below to get all the details about this trailhead.|
Trailhead Updates, Conditions & Notes
- Here you will find out all about this trailhead. trail conditions, trail updates, trail messageboard.
Trailhead Routes & Trails
- Here we list direction of the local trails and routes you will find at this trailhead. If you don't see your route listed, select this then click add a trail and give us all the details.
All the Dirt Stories
- Have a story about this trail, click here and give us all the details. Tell us all about it and even add your photos, we make it easy. Add pics to the Trail Photo Album, then use them in your story.
Trailhead Photo Album
- Here is a Photo Album for this Trailhead. If you have pictures of this trail, click here to add as many as you want.
- Click here to return to the Trailhead Listing.