|Belle's Bluff - Alpine Trailhead - Sunday, March 01, 2015|
|Belle's Bluff - Alpine - San Diego County|
Take I-8 East from San Diego Area apprx 15 Miles to Alpine. Take TAVERN Road exit South (right) to the end (3-4 miles). Left on Japatul Rd. Head east apprx 3 Miles. After you Cross a river bridge, look at the hill to your left, notice the steep, diagonal cut up the hill from right to left. find a place to park your vehicle, near the gate, this is also a horse trail so be nice. take the long steep trail up and around the mountain. Near the top, the trail levels out and heads north. find the singletrack to the right (east) and keep heading up... the trail gets rough and eroded. climb as long as you can stand it (3+ miles??) then rest, turn around and haul-ass back down.
Parking Update: I found a new parking area (with port-a-potty's) about a half mile west fo the bridge. The parking lot is for a fishing reservoir on the south side of the road. the "turn-in" road is marked with "NO-PARKING" signs, but the lot is opened during daylight hours. Read the signs on the bulletin board to be sure of rules + hours. Thomas Guide page 1254
|Click on one of the tabs above or icons below to get all the details about this trailhead.|
Trailhead Updates, Conditions & Notes
- Here you will find out all about this trailhead. trail conditions, trail updates, trail messageboard.
Trailhead Routes & Trails
- Here we list direction of the local trails and routes you will find at this trailhead. If you don't see your route listed, select this then click add a trail and give us all the details.
All the Dirt Stories
- Have a story about this trail, click here and give us all the details. Tell us all about it and even add your photos, we make it easy. Add pics to the Trail Photo Album, then use them in your story.
Trailhead Photo Album
- Here is a Photo Album for this Trailhead. If you have pictures of this trail, click here to add as many as you want.
- Click here to return to the Trailhead Listing.